The Time of Flight (ToF) sensor uses 940mm Laser VCSEL for fast and accurate measurement of distance to elements located in front of it.
By default, the sensor is setup with:
- High accuracy mode, calibrated and ready to use.
- Measurement of the distance has a sample rate of 10 minutes
- Measurement of temperature and humidity has a sample rate of 15 hours.
Note: The first measurement of the ToF distance, temperature and humidity will always be 0 (zero).
Configure LoRa's Sensor For Long Range Mode
Important: This section only support Time of Flight sensors with PN: 1101149, Time of Flight, Temperature and Humidity.
Switch back to High Accuracy Mode
Follow the procedure described in "Configure LoRa's Sensor For Long Range Mode" and replace the payload with:
FA 01 00 00 05 91 00 00 03 02 99 00 00 02 08 9A 03 01 09 0A 9B 00 00 00 FF A9 00 00 00 FF CE
Max ranging distance
|Target reflectance level||Conditions||Indoor (2)||Outdoor overcast (2)|
|White target (88%)||
200 cm+ (1)
|Grey target (17%)||
Note (1): using long range
- Indoor: no infrared
- Outdoor overcast corresponds to a parasitic noise of 10k cps/SPAD for VL53L0X. For reference, this corresponds to a 1.2W/m² at 940nm, and is equivalent
to 5k Lux daylight, while ranging on a grey 17% chart at 40cm
- Targets reflectance used : Grey (17%), White (88%)
- Temperature (23°C)
- All distances are for a complete Field of View covered (FOV = 25degrees)
All distances mentioned in this table are guaranteed for a minimum detection rate of 94% (up to 100%). Detection rate is the worst case percentage of measurements that will return a valid measurement when target is detected.
|Indoor (no infrared)||Outdoor|
|Target reflectance level (full FOV)||Distance||33 ms||66 ms||Distance||33 ms||66 ms|
|White Target (88%)||At 120 cm||4%||3%||At 60 cm||
|Grey Target (17%|)||At 70 cm||7%||6%||At 40 cm||
- Targets reflectance used: Grey (17%), White (88%)
- Offset correction done at 10 cm from sensor
- Indoor: no infrared / Outdoor: eq. 5 kLux equivalent sunlight (10 kcps/SPAD)
- Temperature (23°C)
- All distances are for a complete FOV covered (FOV = 25 degrees)
- Detection rate is considered at 94% minimum
|1||Sigma fail (too much ambient light)|
|2||Signal failed (return signal low)|
|3||Min Range failed|
|4||Phase fail (phase wraparound, noise)|